Today begins McMurray Hatchery’s 105th season and it is time to get your pre-orders in for your spring chicks to make sure you can get your favorite breeds!
Read about my experiences with Murray McMurray HERE!
Here are some of their FAQs about the process!
- Why order early? Best-selling and new breeds will sell quickly. Reserve the ones you want now and select from available ship dates next year.
- What if the breed I want is already sold out? We set early availability very conservatively based on our experience hatching each breed over time. Beginning in January, as we collect actual eggs and set them in the incubators, we will update our availability with actual numbers.
- Do I need to pay now? Deferred billing is available — we won’t charge your card until two weeks prior to your chicks’ hatch date.
- When will my chicks ship? During the check-out process, you’ll select a hatch/ship date based on the combined availability of the breeds in your cart. If you have questions or need help, give us a call at 800.456.3280 Monday through Friday between 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM central.
- What is the minimum order, and is there a fee for shipping?
- Our minimum for standard-sized chicks is 25 chicks for the months of February and March. That drops to just 6 chicks for the months of April through October. While we don’t charge for shipping on orders of baby birds, there is a small order fee of $35 for orders of 6-14 chicks. That fee covers the added packaging and handling needed to ship smaller orders safely.
- Our minimum for Bantam chicks is 15 chicks. Bantam chicks can be ordered at the same time as standard-sized chicks but it’s important to note that they will be packed and shipped separately from your larger chicks.
- What guarantees do you offer? As a family-owned business, your satisfaction is our number one concern, that’s the McMurray Hatchery difference. We offer a 48-hour live arrival and livability guarantee and a 90% sexing guarantee on all of our poultry. For more information on our guarantees, click here.
- Can you help me with my order? Certainly! Whether you have questions about what breeds are best for you, or if you need help with an order, our Customer Service department is ready to assist you. Just give us a call at 800.456.3280 Monday through Friday between 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM central.
Visit the McMurray Hatchery website today to preorder your chicks…then let us know what you have headed your way in the spring!